- Corn, rice, and wheat.
- They use their bill to scoop up food from the mud and silt under water.
- While flying they honk loudly while in a large V-shaped formation.
- Male geese can be overly aggressive often attacking predators with their wings and bill.
- They migrate at a slow place.
- Female Canadian geese have lower voices than their male counterparts.
- Geese are monogamous throughout their life unless their mate dies.
Goose, also known to some as Gary was born in 2009 and raised by a wildlife rehabilitator. He became imprinted on humans and was not able to be released back into the wild. He came to live at the zoo in the fall of 2009. He lives in the deer exhibit and can be often be seen with his fellow goose pal, Lucky.
Lucky was born in 2018 and found at a resort in Wisconsin Dells. Lucky only hatched with one wing and may not have done well in our cold Wisconsin winters without an adequate open water source and food. Lucky came to live with best buddy Gary in fall of 2018.